On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Frank Schafer wrote:

Did you an ``emerge --newuse world'' before you tried to install further
packages?

Just a thought. I think I've seen nptl mentioned in the installation log
of glibc. What if glibc don't know about this?

Frank

PS: I could be wrong. Don't have a gentoo installation accessible right
now.

I can't do ``emerge --newuse world' because it will certainly fail (as
there is something wrong with the system). But I did emerge glibc before
trying to emerge glib. I think glib doesn't use "nptl" (judging by
"emerge -pv glib"), but the problem is that it can't use posix threads
either.

Thanks.

Jorge