On 28/06/2014 16:54, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> It's Wakes Week here and we've just had a triple fly-by by a Hurricane from
> the Battle of Britain Commemorative Flight. Last Saturday it was a Spitfire.

You have an actual flying Spitfire nearby? Wow! I thought Evelyn was the
last airworthy model left anywhere.

For those who don't know, Evelyn was a Mk IXe and spent years in a kid's
playground in Pretoria (the city I grew up in) before someone started
restoring her in the late 60s. She was rebuilt at Zwartkop Air Force
Base (where I spent time as an apprentice) and stored at Lanseria
Airport (where I've spent many a happy hour drinking fine wares at the
restaurant above the apron).

Last I heard, she was sold and ended up in Brazil...

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com