On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:59:53 +0200, Frank Schafer wrote:

> O.K. if you want to se all of this fo years, maybe you're glad enough to
> own a n at least some TB disk array. ;)
> After emerging of a minimal system (91 packages during semrge system)
> the content of /var/log/portage takes 250MB.

Which is easier? For you to create a script to delete all old logfiles in
here, or for someone who needs them to write a script to recover them
after your proposed method deletes them?

Alternatively, you could have a cron job that gzips them, reducing the
size by around 90%.

> Due to the wanna know how long does it take ...
> ``ls'' is your friend.

genlop doesn't even need per-package logging to $PORT_LOGDIR, and it
saves on the mental arithmetic. Personally, I prefer to let the computer
do the work whenever possible. It's why I bought it.

--
Neil Bothwick

"Bother," said Pooh, as he was given another bad script.