On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Samuli Suominen <ssuomi...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 24/08/14 20:05, Tom H wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Grant <emailgr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> SUBSYSTEM=="net", KERNEL=="enp3s0u1", NAME="net0"
>>
>> "enp3s0u1" isn't a kernel name; it's an "ID_NET_NAME_PATH" attribute.
>
> That's what came to my mind too, that's why I instructed him away from it.

Yeah, I saw your email after I sent mine.

I now have to figure out why you're recommending a 80< prefix when I
thought that a >80 prefix is necessary in order AFAIK to override
"/lib/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules".

I tried 75- instead of 85- this morning before leaving for work and
the interfaces were renamed properly so I'm clearly wrong...