James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:

> For openjdk-6-jdk [1] I'm not sure what my options are as it (or a newer
> version?) is required by mesos-0.19-1. I did see these in portage:

> Some discussion and guidance would be keenly appreciated, as I'm not at all
> up on the current gentoo java issues.

Ok, so I found the gentoo java wiki [1].

So if I'm comprehending this correctly, icedtea is openjdk it just
uses 100% open source tools to build the jdk as opposed to the fact
that openjdk uses proprietary tools to build?

I'm still a bit confused on the options for jdk, (openjdk) any
limitations, gotchas, thnings_to_avoid; so some recommendations
would be beneficial.

James

[1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Java#Installing_a_JRE.2FJDKs