I have just installed unix2dos utility
(never had a need to use it before) and
just after that tried to install dos2unix
but the installation of dos2unix failed
complaining on the fact that

"app-text/unix2dos" is blocking app-text/dos2unix-6.0.5

I find it very strange as I think that if someone
needs unix2dos utility he usually also needs dos2unix
utility, especially taking into account that unix2dos
by default overwrites its input file.

This is the output from the emerge command:

# emerge --ask dos2unix

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] app-text/dos2unix-6.0.5  USE="nls -debug"
[blocks B      ] app-text/unix2dos ("app-text/unix2dos" is blocking
app-text/dos2unix-6.0.5)
[blocks B      ] >=app-text/dos2unix-5 (">=app-text/dos2unix-5" is
blocking app-text/unix2dos-2.2-r1)

 * Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

  (app-text/dos2unix-6.0.5::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled
  in by dos2unix

  (app-text/unix2dos-2.2-r1::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    app-text/unix2dos required by @selected

For more information about Blocked Packages, please refer to the
following section of the Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook (architecture is
irrelevant):

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#blocked

Any thought?