Thanks!  That helped.  libsdl had +arts by default which pulled qt and other kde stuff.

Arkady.

On 9/13/05, Luigi Pinna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Alle 08:36, mercoledì 14 settembre 2005, Arkady Grudzinsky ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> As I run emerge --pretend xine-ui, I get the following output:
>
> Calculating dependencies ...done!
> [ebuild N ] net-misc/curl- 7.13.2
> [ebuild N ] media-libs/libogg-1.1.2
> [ebuild N ] media-libs/libvorbis-1.1.0
> [ebuild N ] kde-base/kde-env-3-r3
> [ebuild N ] media-libs/libmad-0.15.1b
> [ebuild N ] x11-libs/qt-3.3.4-r3
> [ebuild N ] kde-base/arts-3.4.1-r2
> [ebuild N ] dev-lang/nasm-0.98.39-r1
> [ebuild N ] media-libs/libsdl-1.2.8-r1
> [ebuild N ] media-libs/libdvdcss-1.2.8
> [ebuild N ] media-libs/xine-lib-1.0.1-r3
> [ebuild N ] media-video/xine-ui-0.99.3
>
> I would like to avoid installation of kde and qt components on my
> machine and I know that Xine can run OK without them. How can I do
> that? I specified "-kde -qt" in my USE, but that does not change the
> output of "emerge --pretend".
>
> Also, as far as I know, "arts" is also optional. Alsa does the job.
> How can I make emerge to do what I want?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Arkady.

You can use emerge -pv xine-ui and you can see your flags.
If you have the arts flag, it needs probably the qt library. I don't
know about kde-env...
Luigi
--
Public key GPG(0x073A0960) on http://keyserver.linux.it/