On 18/09/2014 10:07, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 07:19:21 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
>
>>> Is systemd starting to encompass too much? I think so, but who cares?
>>> If we want an init manager that reads systemd-like files but doesn't
>>> do anything else (hostnamectl, logging, udev, etc.), I guess we'll
>>> have to make one.
>>
>> or trim it back. Conceptually, it shouldn't be too hard to remove those
>> extra services leaving only an init manager.
>>
>> Reading posts over the years (I don't use systemd) most of that stuff
>> can be disabled by config in systemd anyway
>
> A lot of it is disabled by default anyway, you have to turn it on if you
> want to use it. Otherwise it's just there.

That's even better then.

I'm mildly bemused by these systemd threads - so much emotion. Me, I
don't have a dog in this fight so I can sit back and look at what's
going on.

Imagine the ISC-bind lovers going completely apeshit about unbound,
thinking named is about to go away forever. That's what this looks like.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com