On 09/20/2014 01:07 PM, James wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So I'm working on apache spark (overlay) ebuild.
> I cannot see to get the sources to download.
>
> Here are the sources:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/spark/spark-1.1.0/
> or here:
> http://mir2.ovh.net/ftp.apache.org/dist/spark/spark-1.1.0/

> So based on 'repoman scan spark-1.1.0.ebuild' I add:
>
> SRC_URI.mirror="mirror://apache/spark/spark/1.1.0/spark-1.1.0.tgz"
> and comment out the  original "SRC_URI" line.

The SRC_URI.mirror warning indicates that your original ebuild has a
suspicious entry in SRC_URI, namely one of Gentoo's 3rd party mirrors.
Repoman gives a warning because you probably don't need it, and I think
it's right in this case.

The entries of the SRC_URI variable are all logical-ANDed together
rather than logical-OR. In other words, every entry is downloaded and
considered part of the source. You only need the first one (from
apache.org); Gentoo will ultimately take care of mirroring it if the
ebuild makes its way into the tree.