Hi

I cannot speak for the app you mentioned or for these but.
Kuroo -> is marked testing
kentoo ->
                }     Both marked as stable
guitoo ->

All are KDE frontends.

Now that said I personally prefer using
http://packages.gentoo.org/categories/
or
http://gentoo-portage.com/
to find the app of my choice then emerge from the command line.

stu
[also new'ish user]

On 9/14/05, C. Beamer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A friend (non-Gentoo user) sent me this Gentoo-related url:
>
> http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=16002
>
> I got Gentoo installed with only a few hitches and it's running like a
> charm since the install, but I'm still a "newbie" when it comes to
> Gentoo, so I bow to the superior knowledge of the people on this list.
>
> The url is about a KDE app called Kuroo that is supposed to be a
> frontend to the portage tree.  You are supposed to be able to search for
> installed packages, among other things.  Has anyone heard of this?  Any
> opinions?
>
> Take care,
>
> Colleen
> --

"There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand
binary, those who don't"

--Unknown