On 10/27/2014 08:22 PM, Tom H wrote:
> The 1.2.9 nfs-utils ebuild has "systemd_dounit
> "${FILESDIR}"/nfsd.service" where nfsd.service has
> "Requires=rpcbind.service" and "After=rpcbind.service".
>
> The 1.3.0 nfs-utils ebuild has "systemd_dounit
> systemd/*.{mount,service,target}" where nfs-server.service has
> "Requires=rpcbind.target" and After=rpcbind.target".

Yes, and that little change caused the breakage that inspired this
thread in the first place :)

I have a Fedora 20 machine running in VirtualBox and I see they've
already fixed the same breakage by going back to 'rpcbind.service'
in their nfs-server.service file.

I see they also define all those $RPCFOO variables in /etc/sysconfig/nfs,
which are mostly null-strings anyway, which is why my nfs server is
working correctly without those variables.

(Working correctly *after* "systemctl enable rpcbind", that is.)