Alec Ten Harmsel <alec <at> alectenharmsel.com> writes:

> There is a large discussion on the Spark mailing list right now about
> having groups of maintainers for different areas:

http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/VOTE-Designating-maintainers-for-some-Spark-components-td9115.html

This is an excellent link and model for a "hi profile" software.
It is a very open and accountable model for code development, reviewing
patches, including patches and in general code maintenance and bug
fixes.

> I'm not sure how relevant that is, but it's interesting.

It is relevant to very large and important codes. I do believe that
most of the gentoo ebuilds  (packages) will not be afforded this
level and number of devs. As the gentoo distro grows, it is a model
for the devs and the council to keep in mind for those critically
important packages...

James