On Sep 15, 2005, at 8:14 PM, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 20:47 -0400, Willie Wong wrote:

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 07:07:23AM +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

Hi,

I'm writing a bash script that basically checks for stocks prices and I
want the formatted output to be mailed to me. I've got the script
working already. The only problem is the HTML is well, not displayed as
HTML, it's displayed RAW(and not formatted).

I'm using cron to send the email out.

Try using the mail command....

behold the power of google:

I did, but obviously searching for "bash script + email + HTML + format"
doesn't yield anything since it can't be done(?)

to put it simply:

mail -a "Content-type: text/html;" -s "Your Daily Stock Quote" [EMAIL PROTECTED] < filename.html

I tried that. It worked perfectly. Only thing now, I'll have to hack the
script to put the output into a file and send our the file instead of
using cron.

Should be a simple thing.

Thanks.

HTH

I know that there are people in this world
who do not love their fellow man,
and I HATE people like that.   -- Tom Lehrer
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 35 days,  3:49

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!