Looking into profile list, I have found out new,
at least for me, no-emul profiles. (As far as I
remember, they were not there one and a half
years ago, when I installed my first Gentoo system.)

I tried to google something about them but have
found virtually nothing except for the following
wiki page:
http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Multilib_System_without_emul-linux_Packages

It is not about profiles at all but I guess that
no-emul profile provides the same result while
installing the system.

Am I right?

If so, I have a few more questions:

Is it stable?

Is it worth to choose it while installing a new Gentoo system?

Can I expect that in this case I will be able to install
and run such applications as, say, wine?

Thank you.