Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7 <at> gmx.de> writes:

> > A tool with perhaps more detail or that parse the ebuild/sources
> > for even greater detail information?

> I was out of country so couldn't read mail the last few days.

> My answer to your question: ufed
> This program seems very little known around the list. It doesn't give you
> more detail than euse, but it shows you what is available in an easy to
> view (and edit!) list.

Very cool! Nice format.

Like I wrote previously, a greater granularity of information too. Maybe
something that parses out runtime and compile time information related
to the flag settings, even if it only works after a given package
is installed.

Maybe a preprocessor (parser) that diffs the code that is to be
compiled, with and without a given flag selected? Or at leaast
references additional code.

Other ideas for the basis of an advance mechanism is of interest to me.

thx,
James