On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 9:54 AM, »Q« <boxc...@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 07:43:21 +0300
> Andrew Savchenko <birc...@gentoo.org> wrote:

>> > Since Eudev has always been opensource under the GPLv2, like udev
>> > too, there's no need to /offer/ it.
>> >
>> > If they choose to use it, they can use it, no offer/questions
>> > necessary. Simple.
>>
>> As far as I understand, Pandu meant "we can recommend them to use",
>> but not some offer in commercial or proprietary terms.

Yup, that's what I meant.

Sorry for the confusion; I'm not a native English speaker, so I may
have used an improper verb there :-)

> They've added something called "devuan-eudev" to their github workspace
> today, <https://github.com/devuan/devuan-eudev>.  It would be nice if
> there could be one eudev project with the aim of supporting Gentoo,
> Devuan, and whatever other distros want to use it.  Or if there must be
> multiple eudevs, it would be nice if the different teams could
> communicate and maybe take some patches from each other.  (I'm no dev,
> so take my opinions on "what would be nice" for development with a
> chunk of salt.)

Actually, that's my point by saying "offer": Rather than letting them
build eudev from scratch, let's work together on the eudev we have,
promote it to something distro-neutral, then let Gentoo and Devuan
(and whatever other distros) derive from that 'upstream'

Uh, I do make myself clear(er) here, don't I?

Rgds,
--
FdS Pandu E Poluan
~ IT Optimizer ~