New box, new user profiles and new KDE installation.

Same problem:

The bluefish application no longer shows icons for its main menu.  Hovering
over the main menu buttons reveals text tool-tips, but the buttons themselves
are blank.  I was under the impression that Bluefish will pick up the syste
hicolor icons for its main file menu, but for some reason it no longer does.

On the same box, using e17 as a desktop shows all menu buttons when I launch
Bluefish.  So, I am inclined to think this could be something related to KDE,
although it may well be a gtk2 problem that e17 is potentially more compatible
with.

Other gtk themed applications do not seem to have a problem in KDE.

In my use flags I have -gtk, -gnome.

I tried updating the icon cache in /usr/share/icons, but there was no change.
Is there any fix for this?

--
Regards,
Mick