Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk> writes:

> On Saturday 03 January 2015 16:04:04 lee wrote:
>
>> does someone exactly know which options/modules are required for
>> shorewall?  I'm about to do a three-interface configuration, one of the
>> interfaces being a bridge.  I couldn't find any documentation for recent
>> kernels and don't like the idea of enabling featuures that aren't
>> required.
>
> I can't say exactly which modules you need, but I think Shorewall will tell
> you about anything it can't find. At any rate, I remember having to set
> something in the kernel before it would run.
>
> # shorewall check
>
> is your friend.

Well, it didn't really tell me.  I got to the point where it claimed
that matching support isn't enabled, though it was.  There seem to be
different implementations of the firewall stuff, and I had to enable it
at another place.  These billions of network options seem like quite a
mess ...

Now I probably have enabled a lot of things I don't need.  At least it's
working :)

--
Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
might swallow us.  Finally, this fear has become reasonable.