I've just had a look at FireFox about:plugins and I'm both worried and confused.
No surprise there; it happens a lot when I peek under the covers.  :o)

There are two versions of the Java plugin listed, with the same libjavaplugin_oji.so
filename.  The latest is Java 1.5.0_04b05.

There are two versions of Flash listed, also with one and the same filename:
libflashplayer.so.

The crux: are there really two versions installed?  Should I clean this up?  If so,
how?  Is this a Gentoo portage artifact, or does this happen in other distros as well?

Also: I would like the Adobe Acrobat plugin, but
1) I don't see it in 'eix' or 'emerge -s'.
2) The instructions for installing from an existing Acrobat install are not effective
     with the portage-installed acrobat.

Should I make a separate version from the Acrobat tarball?

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD