On 1/13/2015 12:53 AM, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
Hi,

emergeing Firefox 35.0 runs without problems...but:
The plugin Ghostery (blocks tracker) fails to start
and a reinstallations ends with this error message
(popup):

"Ghostery cannot be installed because Firefox cannot
modify the needed file."

Is this a proble of the plugin, a wrong permissions
setting via emerge/ebuild or a problem of my Gentoo
box?

How can I fix it -- a downgrade to the previous version
(34.0.5-r1) is not possible, since one had decided to
remove that version from the ebuilds ???

Best regards,
mcc

Have you run firefox from a terminal?

Sometimes it prints out extra lines that explain error messages better.

If that doesn't help, I'd try removing the addon, restarting firefox, and installing it again.