On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM, James <wirel...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> I think the fundamental flaw with systemd is the fact that the duality
> of support for systemd and other init solutions is so quickly abondoned.
> If they were allowed (encouraged) to run side by side for a few years,
> let folks decide then; as it is a major abandonment of principal, imho.

The problem is logind. Various apps defaulted to depending on it
rather than on consolekit and logind isn't a standalone systemd
executable. The Linux world could've been saved a lot aggravation if a
differmt choice had been made...

> Lot of folks in the embedded linux world, are scratching their heads
> at systemd; the conclusion from most of what I read is "no thanks anyway".

Lennart claims that the embedded world loves systemd. I suspect that,
as in other corners of the Linux world, there are lovers and haters of
systemd.