On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 11:37 PM, Joseph <syscon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, the problem in Fedora was thier "selinux". I suppose to be some extra
> security, but it seems to me it creates only more problems.

A common observation with SELinux.  Even so, it definitely DOES
provide additional security.  It is a standard Linux feature and
available on Gentoo as well.  If the configuration isn't right (and it
is easy to get it wrong) then you'll have problems.

I forget all the details of SELinux, but you should be able to put it
in a mode that logs but does not enforce.  Using those logs you should
be able to determine exactly what roles/permissions/labels/etc are
missing.  I suspect that if you just dumped the relevant logs on
Fedora's bugzilla that they'd fix their openvpn package for you.  If I
had a working SELinux setup I wouldn't be too quick to just completely
disable it over one package.

--
Rich