I have been using pipelight in firefox successfully for several months.
However, recently I upgraded wine and pipelight and now
pipelight/silverlight is not recognized by firefox and is not listed
under plugins at about:addons.

I've followed the instructions here:
http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Netflix/Pipelight and everything worked
except for this step:

demeter ~ master # pipelight-plugin --enable silverlight
ERROR: Your system is missing a copy of
/usr/lib64/pipelight/libpipelight.so at
/usr/lib64/pipelight/libpipelight-silverlight5.1.so

After I did

ln -s
/usr/lib64/debug/usr/lib64/pipelight/libpipelight-silverlight5.1.so.debug
/usr/lib64/pipelight/libpipelight-silverlight5.1.so

everything else seemed to work correctly according to the wiki instructions.

This is what I've tried so far:

rm -fr .wine-pipelight/
mv .mozilla mozilla
downgrade firefox from 35.0 to 31.4.0