hi neil,

Am 2015-03-10 21:05, schrieb Neil Bothwick:
On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:07:32 +0100, Marko Weber | 8000 wrote:

on one of my gentoo-servers i try to update the system with 'emerge -uD
world'.

i get the following output, and have no idea how to solve this
comnflicts.
Can anyone help me or guide me?

=====================================================================================================================================

# emerge -uD world

  * IMPORTANT: 10 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
  * Use eselect news to read news items.

I'd start by reading these. Chances are one of them contains the answer
to your problem.

This is caused by the movement of some packages from perl-core into the
main perl build. Make sure you have no perl-core packages in world.

just want to say that your hint worked.
i removed all perl-core packages and then 'emerge -pvuD world' worked again like a charm.

marko