On Sunday 22 Mar 2015 09:37:19 Julian Simioni wrote:
> Interesting. When I used IMAP in Mutt, rather than offlineimap, I was
> really frustrated by the constant lag within Mutt from syncing with the
> server.

I experienced the same problem, but this was more pronounced on IMAP accounts
with many thousands of email messages (more than 100,000).  That said, Kmail2
has the same problem, only on less powerful machines you also get the lag of
mysql indexing everything again and again and again.  Accounts with fewer
messages were quite responsive on both mutt and Kmail2.  Therefore I think
that this may be an IMAP4 issue?

> Offlineimap isn't the fastest ever at syncing either, but at
> least it happens all in one go, and then the full contents of all the
> emails I care about are on my local machine. I'd love to see your config
> to see if I can improve things.
>
> Julian

I never used Offlineimap, but did try tokyocabinet with what felt as a
marginal only improvement.

PS. Top-posting messes up threaded answers and logical flow of responses ...
please refrain from using it on this mailing list.

--
Regards,
Mick