James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:

> Alec Ten Harmsel <alec <at> alectenharmsel.com> writes:
>
> > > dev-vcs/subversion  or   dev-vcs/hgsubversion
>
> > dev-vcs/subversion provides all the stuff that you're looking for.
>
> Correct_a_mun_do!
>
> Now it compiled with the python flag enabled. Keep your toes cross
> now that the java  flag is enabled.....

Well it compiles with the java flag enabled. The next release of
mesos-0.23.0 will allow for dynamically allocated resources and multiple
simultaneous frameworks. This means that most codes that run multi thread on
your single system (workstation or server) will now run on the mesos
cluster. Surely there will be tweaking of the frameworks and configurations,
but pretty much most things should run without issue. Truely transparent
gentoo-clustering is very near, imho.

distcc is already running on mesos [1]

Cephfs-0.93 is in portage and I'm diligently trying to test running
of a variety of codes on cephfs so HDFS nor any of the legacy hadoop
baggage is not needed to build and use your own gentoo cluster via mesos.

Mesos-0.22.0 will be in BGO as soon as I clean up a few things.
Mesos-0.23.0 is a game changer, imho! [2]

enjoy!

James

[1] https://github.com/mesos/mesos-distcc

[2] http://craigwickesser.com/2015/03/mesos-022-release/