On 2015-03-26, Mike Gilbert <flop...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Grant Edwards><grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> Um, never mind.
>>>
>>> It has started working, but I have no idea why... :/
>>
>> I spoke too soon.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I seems
>> to be completely random.

> I wonder if you are running into an obscure quirk of X11. X11 actually
> has 3 buffers that are clipboard-link in nature: PRIMARY, SECONDARY,
> and CLIPBOARD.
[...]
> In general, any text you select becomes the PRIMARY selection
> automatically. Anything you explicitly copy via the context menu
> "Copy" option becomes the CLIPBOARD selection.

Yep, I use xclip to explicitly copy to CLIPBOARD whatever I want to
paste into Windows.  That always worked without problems using the
older rdesktop rdp client.

What happens with xfreerdp is that it will _sometimes_ work the first
time I do

  <somecmd> | xclip -i -selection clipboard

  [hit ctrl-V on windows]

But after that, no matter how many times I run xlicp -i again, Ctrl-V
will continue to insert the same thing (or nothing, if it didn't work
the first time).

It will always work if I do this:

  1) Select something in Windows session and hit Ctrl-C or Ctrl-X

  2) xclip -o -selection clipboard

  3) <somecmd> | xclip -i -selection clipboard

  4) Hit Ctrl-V on Windows

I'm going to unamsk xfreerdp 1.2.0 and see if it works any better.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I know things about
                                  at               TROY DONAHUE that can't