On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 12:43:12PM +0200, lee wrote

> That leaves the question why a user who isn't even logged in should
> be able to reboot, which IIRC they can by default with Ctrl+Alt+Del.
> Such users shouldn't be allowed to do anything but to log in.

  As the old saying goes... "If you don't have physical security, you
don't have any security".  A malicious person at the physical keyboard
of the machine could just as easily yank the power cord of out of the
wall, insert a USB key into the machine, plug the machine back in, boot
up from the USB key, and copy over malicious binaries.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>