Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 04:12:59 -0500, Dale wrote:
>
>> Dang.  I had to add about 90 packages to my package.use and some more to
>> the keyword file.
>>
>> I wonder if make.conf would be better in my case too?  My use file just
>> grew my a huge amount.
> You package.use has grown by one filesystem block at most, how much extra
> disk space and CPU cycles would you use by compiling 32 bit options for
> every package that has them?

I wasn't worried about disk space, just that I rarely use entries in
that file.  Heck, it's enough to manage the other package.* files already.

> If you use a single file for package.use, it does make it far more
> cumbersome to manage, but that's why I switched to separate files many
> years ago.

I've tried separate files and having them all in one file.  Either way,
each entry requires a person to manage it.  For me at least, it's six of
one and half a dozen of the other. ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)