150404 waben...@gmail.com wrote:
> Mathematics is our basic tool to build these theories.
> A fundamental question is whether the mathematical axioms exist "for real"
> and we just discovered them or are they grounded by the functionality
> of our mind/brain ?  In the latter case,
> it would probably be impossible for us to find "the answer" (42!;)

Kant tried to investigate this in his Critique of Pure Reason.
Aristotle also had some scattered observations on the subject.

What a revelation about at least a minority of Gentoo users !
-- philosophers of science + math, besides well-trained physicists.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca