On Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:02:24 PM lee wrote:
> hydra <hydrapo...@gmail.com> writes:
> >  You mean the documentation at Gentoo about Xen sucks or the upstream
> >
> > documentation? What information are you missing from there? Maybe we can
> > add  the missing pieces for Xen being more accessible and easier to use,
> > what do you think? :)
>
> I mean the documentation they have on their wiki.  It's a confusing mess
> referring to various version with which things are being done
> differently.

The problem here is the different "implementations" that exist:
- Xen (install and configure yourself, toolset: 'xl' , 'xm' is deprecated)
- Citrix and XCP (pre-configured, install on dedicated server, toolset: 'xcp')
- OVM (Oracle's implementation, not sure which toolset they use)

> Could you add missing pieces about why power management --- as in
> frequency scaling --- doesn't work

What doesn't work with this?
The following seems quite detailed:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_power_management

And the commands listed there (for the hypervisor based option) work on my
server.

> and what to do about keeping the time
> in sync between all VMs when you find out that this doesn't work as the
> documentation would have you think it does?

In what way doesn't it work?
The clocks are all synchronized and I don't need to use anything like 'ntpd'

--
Joost