On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 4:28 AM, Fernando Rodriguez <
frodriguez.develo...@outlook.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, June 04, 2015 12:06:51 PM Derek Ellison wrote:
> > I have two HDD in a UEFI system. Windows 8 on one and Gentoo on the
> other.
> > Currently I have to update the clock everytime I boot to the other OS and
> > I'm wondering if there is a way I can avoid this? It's just starting to
> get
> > to be a pain to have to update it everytime.
> >
> > Any information would be most welcome.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Set Windows to use utc. See
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Time#UTC_in_Windows
>
> --
> Fernando Rodriguez

Given the fact that the builtin network time sync windows does ignores that
feature altogether, it's generally a lot more sensible to configure the OS
that actually cooperates rather than the one that only listens to settings
when it suits it. That said, when there's some reason that's not an option
(in my case, I'm not the admin on the linux OS some of my machines are
stuck dual booting with, and I need reliable time sync in windows for
licensing), a secondary tool like NetTime, alongside disabling the W32Time
and setting RealTimeIsUniversal in the registry seems to work well so far.

--
Joshua M. Murphy