On 06/08/2015 08:01 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

> "interesting" issue on my desktop machine:
>
> when booted with gentoo the keyboard seems to fall "asleep" in a way
>
> It happens repeatedly that the first key pressed does not get detected,
> only the second.
>
> For example at login:
>
> login: oot
>
> ;)
>
> if I keep typing it keeps working ... and this is *not* in Gnome alone
> but on the plain console as well.
>
> The same hardware booted with Fedora: no issues.
>
> Does anyone have an idea about that?

        Any chance this is a Logitech K520r wireless keyboard? I have one of
these and it at times "goes to sleep" for several seconds. Logitech know
about the problem but refuse to do anything. A google search will reveal
all the gory details. If on the other hand it isn't, sorry, got nothing
to offer.

        Andrew