On Tuesday 09 Jun 2015 15:46:39 cov...@ccs.covici.com wrote:
> Hi.  I am having a problem with openrc 16.4 where start-stop daemon
> complains like this fopen /var/run/<some service> (happens to almost all
> of them)  no such file or directory, but -- using the interactive
> feature -- I see that the pid file is actually is there.  /var/run is a
> simlink to /run which is a tmpfs file system.  It looks like permissions
> are correct as well, so I have no idea why this is happening.  When the
> system shuts down, start-stop-daemon still complains and has some other
> way to find the process,  but its still annoying.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Not sure why this is happening, but I have noticed the same with some
applications (ipsec-tools springs to mind).  I think it started when /var/run,
/var/lock and /dev/shm (? not sure) were moved over to /run/*.

I assumed that this is because some package maintainers may have not caught up
with the fs change yet.

--
Regards,
Mick