On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 04:53:18PM +0430, behrouz khosravi wrote

> > > What do you recommend ?
> >
> > DO NOT SET "USE=-*"
> >

> As I said before I have done it and I totally recommend it to anyone
> interested to get a better understanding of user land.

  The point with "USE=-*" is to create your own base profile.  E.g. when
I upgraded my old Dell Core2 Duo from 32 to 64 bit Gentoo, I dropped
"USE=-*".  I went from...

USE_BASE="-* a52 aac bzip2 cxx fortran ncurses netifrc nptl nptlonly nsplugin
offensive openssl posix readline ssl threads vim-syntax zlib X dga dri exif
ffmpeg flac classic gif intel jpeg mng mp3 mpeg ogg opengl png rtmp theora tiff
truetype vorbis xcomposite webm x264 xpm xv xvid xvmc"

...to...

USE="X apng bindist ffmpeg jpeg png truetype xorg -acl -berkdb -chatzilla
-cracklib -crypt -gallium -gdbm -gmp-autoupdate -gstreamer -iconv
-introspection -ipc -iptables -ipv6 -libav -llvm -nls -openmp -pam -roaming
-sendmail -tcpd -udev -unicode"

  So I went from "-*" plus add a lot of USE flags to
default/linux/amd64/13.0/no-multilib and negating a lot of USE flags.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>