Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk <at> gmail.com> writes:

I have  had some weirdness. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not
and often it takes about 3-10 seconds for it to work. This is all
on seamonkey. I've noticed, just not gotten around to debugging.

> When trying to access a webpage that uses java applets, I found that the
> applets wouldn't load for me any more.I'm running:
> equery -q l '*tea*'dev-java/icedtea-bin-7.2.5.5
> dev-java/icedtea-sound-1.0.1
> dev-java/icedtea-web-1.5.1-r1

I have:

# equery -q l '*tea*'
dev-java/icedtea-7.2.5.3
dev-java/icedtea-bin-6.1.13.5
dev-java/icedtea-web-1.5.1-r1

eselect java-vm list
Available Java Virtual Machines:
[1]   icedtea-bin-7

system-vmfirefox -vMozilla Firefox 31.7.0The plugincheck URL shown below is
showing my IcedTea-Web Plugin as
unknown.https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

Note, about 9 months ago, I hacked up my java setup quite a bit to
accomodate some java centric ebuilds for clustering. I got all the
clustering stuff working and normal browser stuff worked fine. The last
month or two, things have been on the decline for java support on gentoo,
as the new java devs are cleaning out quite a bit of cruft. So I have
mostly been avoiding working on java for a while. A poor decision but
it is what it is. My issue may not be typical for the average java-gentoo user.

I'd be most curious to learn how you configure your java environment.
I had to use icedtead from sources to get my hacked overlays (java centric)
happy with maven and many other java-centric requirements. Do post as
much deatail as you can on this.

TIA,
James