On Saturday 11 Jul 2015 02:12:40 behrouz khosravi wrote:
> > Unlike Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple et al I suppose?
>
> I am sorry, google was on my mind the moment I posted!, I hate the amazon
> advertizements!

All these companies are the same.  Google just happens to have a bigger share
of internet searches than others, almost a monopoly, but others have a bigger
share of your purchasing habits, reading interests, etc.  With the increasing
digitalisation of social and economic activity, profiling of individuals now
happens online.

Falling off the grid is not practical for most non-hermits, but I guess it is
a choice still available to us.

--
Regards,
Mick