Am 14.07.2015 um 19:31 schrieb Fernando Rodriguez:
On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 11:55:46 AM hw wrote:

Hi,

now I found this:

moonflo ~ # find /usr/portage/profiles/ -type f -print0 | xargs -0 -P24
grep xen-tools

[...]
/usr/portage/profiles/ChangeLog-2007:  Add hvm USE flag for Xen HVM
support in xen-tools. Mask on no-multilib
[...]

And: http://gentoo-en.vfose.ru/wiki/Xen

"If you plan to add hvm support on amd64, you will need to have multilib
support."

Of course, I don't have multilib.  Is that still required, and if so,
why?  There isn't any 32bit software to run other than within HVM guests
perhaps.

How can I remove this mask?  I do need xen working last week ...

It's in /usr/portage/profile/amd64/no-multilib/use.mask, I can't figure out how
to unmask it on /etc/portage. What I would do is copy the xen-tools ebuild to
your local overlay then run:

sed -ie '/hvmloader/! s/hvm/hvm2/g' xen-tools-4.5.1-r1.ebuild

and enable hvm2 and hvm, that way it doesn't get overwritten when you sync and
when the ebuid gets updated and the mask removed you already have the right
flags set.

Should I make a bug report about it?

I would comment on bug #351648 because it looks like they fixed it but forgot
to remove the mask.

Hm, I'm not sure what to make of this bug. I switched profile to one that doesn't say 'no-multilib', and the flag became available. However, I could not compile xen-tools with hvm because stub-32.h was missing.

So I ended up re-installing the server to a different profile and finally got it to work.

I'm thinking about making an entry about this problem to the wiki if I have some time at the weekend.