Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:56:41 -0500, Dale wrote:
>
>> So, after fighting to get it to build, they remove it and it wants to go
>> back to the old version I had that worked.  ROFLMBO
> And today's lesson is: If an ebuild fails, re-sync and try again (or
> search Bugzilla which may well tell you to re-sync and try again).

Well, I'm pretty sure I had re-synced at least a couple times.  I
usually update about twice a week.  I posted about this problem on the
16th and had been seeing it for at least a few days before that.  It
doesn't seem that a re-sync would really have solved the problem.  This
is my sync history:

Sat Jul 11 12:45:14 2015 >>> gentoo
Sun Jul 12 18:27:27 2015 >>> gentoo
Mon Jul 13 19:30:28 2015 >>> gentoo
Sun Jul 19 20:29:01 2015 >>> gentoo
Wed Jul 22 12:43:43 2015 >>> gentoo

Since I synced three days in a row, I suspect the problem started on the
11th.  I posted a thread on the 16th here.  Before I posted about it, I
had already re-synced a couple times.  It was the removal of the old and
broken ebuilds that fixed it but there was a decent lag before it was
done.  Well over a week it seems.

While it is possible to sync and catch the tree at a bad time, this
doesn't seem to be the case here.  It seems there was just a lag between
some updates and removals of broken ebuilds.

Dale

:-)  :-)