Hi,

...still fiddling with Linux on my ASUS MeMO Pad 7... ;)

Current status:
SDCard:
Back from extFAT (toooooo slllooooooww) to FAT32
On this SDCard two file, each 4GB in sizse and formatted ext4
One conatins currently the complete Linux (used as chroot environment)
The second one contains a copy of /usr (that is, the second image contains /usr
-
not only its ontents).

I finally want to get rid of the /usr on the first file to get more
space for upgrades, intstallations and such.

While using the chrooted environment (completly booted from the first
file) I did

mount /dev/sdcard /mnt
losetup /dev/loop(x) /mnt/frstfile.img
mount  /dev/loop(x) /image
mount --bind /image/usr /usr

This way the /usr of the first image file was somehow
"knocked off" and the (identical) /usr of the second image
file tooks its place.

It works so far.

Now the problem:
How can I manipulate /etc/fstab (and may be others) in a
way that /usr of the second image file permanently replaces
/usr of the first image file AND gives me the change to remove
/usr of the first image file?

I want to prevent copying the image files from and to the Android
tablet PC and manipulate them "offline" on my PC because its
a time eating task and its inconvenient (sorry for being that lazy ;)

Have a nice sunday!!! :)
Meino