150802 Mick wrote:
> On Sunday 02 Aug 2015 07:52:02 Philip Webb wrote:
>> Today, did the same emerge without any problem :
>> my bookmarks remain the same, as does my start-up ("home") site.
>> From the discussion, it appears that your difficulties
>> resulted from your use of a developer version of FF,
>> but how you come to be using it is not clear.
> USE="bindist" emerges the Aurora as opposed to Firefox ESR
> and this is what is causing the problem.
> You evidently do not have bindist set for FF
> and therefore have not experienced this profile related problem.

That's the benefit of starting  make.conf USE  with '-*' (wry grin) :
yes, I know what the pundits say, but it works if you're attentive.

Acc to 'euses bindist' :
  "www-client/firefox:bindist
  - Disable official Firefox branding (icons, name)
  which are not binary-redistributable according to upstream".
It doesn't say anything re Aurora/ESR (whatever they are)
nor re a developer version of Firefox.  Perhaps a Gentoo bug ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca