On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 20:38:10 +0200
Heiko Baums <li...@baums-on-web.de> wrote:

> Am 18.08.2015 um 04:04 schrieb walt:
> > I see the keyboard problem in mate and xfce4 (the only ones I use
> > now).  I've wondered about the same things but I don't know how to
> > debug those possible scenarios.
>
> And which terminal emulator are you using?

I've seen the keyboard halting problem using xterm and gnome-terminal
(running under mate, not gnome, but it seems to work normally).

> > At the moment I'm waiting for my new keyboard to arrive from amazon,
> > hoping to pin the blame on flakey hardware instead of flakey
> > software.
>
> Somehow I doubt that it's the keyboard. I rather guess it's either a
> wrong configuration of or a bug in the desktop environment, the
> terminal emulator and/or systemd/udev.

I plugged in my new keyboard two hours ago.  So far no problems but
that doesn't mean much yet.  I used the old keyboard for about ten
hours this morning and it stopped only once, about eight hours ago.

If the new keyboard works correctly for the rest of this week I'll be
convinced it was hardware :)