Thank you marc and fernando (fernando, I think your replies go only to
marc and not to the group).

So it seems the conclusion is timers can't achieve both
1. Run only once a day even if you boot often.
2. Not starting for at least 10 minutes after boot

I realize that you can achieve 2 outside the timer by having services
fired by the timer begin with a 10 minute delay.

However, I thought timers were supposed to achieve 1 & 2, since that is
what I believe you get with vixie-cron + anacron.

Also, since systemd.cron is based on timers, I would think it would have
the same problem we are discussing.

allan