Am Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:23:26 -0500
schrieb Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com>:

> Emanuele Rusconi wrote:
> > For anybody who thinks git is hard, I'll just leave here my own
> > thoughts on the matter.
> >
> > As a user - not specifically a Gentoo user - I only need to know 3 commands:
> >
> >   - git clone <URI>
> >   - git pull
> >   - tig
> >
> > That's it. Tig is in dev-vcs/tig, BTW, and it's really handy.
> >
> > When I experimented with managing my config files with git I did a lot
> > of reading (I was new to VCS in general), and in the end I realized
> > that, although git is really powerful and complex, for my needs I
> > actually really needed to know just a handful of basic commands, and I
> > could use tig and/or gitk for almost anything.
> >
> > -- Emanuele Rusconi
> >

> Pardon me.  I just had to get up off the floor and return my tummy to
> its previous and correct condition.  I thought I would check out the git
> man page and just sorta skim over it.  The first thing I see is this:
>
> NAME
>
> git - the stupid content tracker
>
> Now that is funny.  ROFL  Maybe there is hope for me yet.  LOL
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

My favorite bit is a quote from Linus Torvalds himself:  "I'm an egotistical
bastard, and I name all my projects after myself. First 'Linux', now
'Git'." [0].  (For anyone like me who doesn't get it at first, see [1].)

[0] https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Git_FAQ#Why_the_.27Git.27_name.3F
[1] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/git#English
--
Marc Joliet