On Wednesday, September 02, 2015 02:19:24 PM Francisco Ares wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for such WAY out of topic message, but Gentoo users are also way out
> of regular computer users.
>
> I intend to learn more deep details about networking intrinsics, (packets,
> ports, negotiation, UDP, multicast, unicast, TCP, ethernet, DHCP,
> protocols, and so on) so I decided to recur to this list.  Googling the
> terms, just gets me to network administration and equipment interconnection.
>
> Any hints on web resources for this research?

It would depend on the level you are at now. :)

Generally, I know more than enough about how it all works to do my job and
keep my own systems running reliably.

But generally I simply listen when the likes of Alan McKinnon start talking
about networking.

You could start with sites like:

http://web.stanford.edu/class/msande91si/www-spr04/readings/week1/InternetWhitepaper.htm

--