/run/user/0/orcexec.XXXXXX-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> > >           Building documentation: morituri.common.checksum
> > >           (/var/tmp/portage/media-
> > sound/morituri-0.2.3/work/morituri-0.2.3/morituri/common/checksum.py)
> > > (gst-plugin-scanner:3783): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
> > > gst_structure_empty_new: assertion 'gst_structure_validate_name (name)'
> > > failed
> > >
> > > (gst-plugin-scanner:3783): Clutter-CRITICAL **: Unable to initialize
> > > Clutter: Could not initialize Gdk
> > > ** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GstObject)
> > > Warning: Unable to extract the base list for
> > > twisted.trial.unittest.TestDecorator: Bad dotted name
> > > Warning: Module gobject._gobject is shadowed by a variable with the same
> > > name.
> > > Warning: 18 markup errors were found while processing docstrings.  Use
> > > the verbose switch (-v) to display markup errors.
> > >  (null)*(null) --------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY
> > >  ---------------------------
> > >  (null)*(null) LOG FILE: "/var/log/sandbox/sandbox-3700.log"
> > >  (null)*(null)
> > > VERSION 1.0
> > > FORMAT: F - Function called
> > > FORMAT: S - Access Status
> > > FORMAT: P - Path as passed to function
> > > FORMAT: A - Absolute Path (not canonical)
> > > FORMAT: R - Canonical Path
> > > FORMAT: C - Command Line
> > >
> > > F: mkstemp
> > > S: deny
> > > P: /run/user/0/orcexec.XXXXXX
> > > A: /run/user/0/orcexec.XXXXXX
> > > R: /run/user/0/orcexec.XXXXXX
> > > C: /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/gst-plugin-scanner -l
> > >  (null)*(null)

> > > So, how can I fix or is this a dead package i.e. no maintainance?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance for any ideas.
> > >

> > If you trust the ebuild you can try emerging it with FEATURES="-sandbox"
or
> > add an exception for the temp directory on the ebuild.
> >
> > https://devmanual.gentoo.org/function-reference/sandbox-functions/
>
> But what is it really complaining about?  I don't want to do this
> arbitrarily, it is there for a reason.

In that case it looks like it's just trying to create a temp file under /run.
Portage defines a temp directory within the sandbox but it looks like the build
system uses some other method to determine the temp dir. Also note that it is
running as root (I think that's because the ebuild has userpriv set) so
although a temp file sounds harmless there's no way to tell what else it'll do
if you run it without the sandbox. You can use the addwrite function at the
top of the src_compile() function to allow it to write only to that directory.

--
Fernando Rodriguez