Ow Mun Heng schreef:
> I've got a bunch of ham and spam in my mailbox (mbox format) and I
> just want to use it to train it. How do I go about doing that? I've
> tried dspam_sa_trainer but it keeps complaining of errors. (Can't
> write to the /var/amavis/.dspam/ directory, even though I run it as
> root!!)

Stupid question(s) (forgive me, but the "obvious" has to be eliminated):

1) does the directory /var/amavis/.dspam exist? With write permissions
for the owner and/or root? I've gotta say, a hidden directory in /var/ seems
*awful* weird (and pointless).

2) (because the idea of a dotdir in /var seems so weird...) Does dspam
have a config file where this target is set? Have you tried changing
this target to someplace you can write to (as root)?

Further, what are the ownership and permissions of dspam_sa_trainer (I
don't use dspam, but it sounds like one of those servers that makes up a
whole new user who's the only one who can use it, in which case...)?
Have you tried opeing up dspam_sa_trainer in nano or less? Is it
readable by doing so? If so, does looking at what it does help in any way?

HTH,
Holly