On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 10:35:14 +0100, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> > Then use emerge --keep-going and portage will take care of skipping
> > failing merges for you.
>
> Ah, no, that's not an option. It breaks for a reason. Sometimes I can
> ignore that and look for it later and in this case I skip it, but
> normally I fix the problem first. However, you have to take care, which
> package you're actually skipping. Especially if the build order is
> different with resume.

--keep-going will emerge all unaffected packages, meaning you are then
working with a much smaller list when you try to fix the problem. At
least, that's the approach that normally works for me.

--keep-going is intelligent enough to skip any packages that depend on
the failed package. That means you often end up with a package list that
is a single branch dependency tree, so the order is unlikely to change.

--
Neil Bothwick

Rainbows are just to look at, not to really understand.