On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 16:27:27 -0700, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:

> >> ----> Testing your nxserver connection ...
> >> Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
> >> Fatal error: Could not connect to NX Server.
> >
> > That doesn't look like the error you get from an unsupported key,
> > which is something like
> >
> > Unable to negotiate with x.x.x.x: no matching host key type found.
> > Their offer: ssh-dss
> >
> > Is nxserver trying to connect as root? It looks more like the
> > disabling of passworded root logins in OpenSSH.
>
> Here is my sshd_config: (nxserver works with openssh-6.9_p1-r2)
> As soon as I upgrade to openssh-7, enable:
> PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes=+ssh-dss
>
> restart: sshd
> and nxserver gives me an error message (like above).

Which has nothing to do with keys

> Yes, I'm running "nxsetup --test" as root.

and everything to do with this. While the use of DSS keys may cause a
problem, you haven't reached that point yet because the default config
not blocks root logins. Add "PermitRootLogin without-password" to your
config.

--
Neil Bothwick

The computer revolution is over. The computers won.