Sorry,

I still cannot reply from the web interface on gmane.
And this is an different approach suggesting for Peter's Chrony issues
so it might warrant a new thread anyway.

<snip>
The installation-default file causes the start-stop-daemon to catch an
unexpected interrupt and report an error, even though the chronyd
process
continues to run.

Any time I run 'strace -ff -o/tmp/chronyd.strace /etc/init.d/chronyd
start' the init process runs normally and I'm left with scores of trace
files, none of which help because the stray interrupt wasn't detected
<end/snip>

So, a while back the excellent tools of trace-cmd and kernelshark (part of
trace-cmd) were added to the portage tree.

Here is a little 'diddy' that might get you going [1]. Also, there is much
posted on the use of ftrace, trace-cmd and kernelshark. These very powerful
tools take a while to master. Often, I try to recreate deep performance
problems on minimal system, just to reduce the amount of data one has to parse.

Thanksgiving:: WE *all* have thanks to give to others for a very wide
variety of reasons, regardless of ilk. So the original, spiritually
oriented, nature of a giving thanks and sharing a meal with others, has
caught on world wide. Sharing a meal, and the breaking of bread between
folks, is as old as humanity itself. When a spiritual dimension is added, it
only becomes a more powerful message that transcends time and space.
Ultimately it is a time of peace, harmony and a celebration of life,
civility and the giving (spirit) that comprises "good will" amongst us all.

happy thanksgiving,
and peace to all!
James

[1]